CKC Automation recently built a demonstration machine for a trade show. The purpose of this machine was to give companies an idea of some of our automation capabilities without disclosing any details of proprietary systems we have built for our clients.
The demonstration machine was designed to handle and dispense CKC bottle openers in an automated fashion, using similar technologies as a production assembly station.
CKC Automation designed mechanical portion of the automated bottle opener in SolidWorks and the electrical portion in AutoCAD Electrical. The machine utilized the following technologies and components:
- Solenoid valve manifold with Ethernet communication
- Pneumatic actuators
- Vacuum pick head
- Linear stage with servo motor
- Custom magazine and coin-change style dispenser
- Allen Bradley CompactLogix PLC running custom software
- Cognex Checker Series Vision Sensor
- Machine guarding
- Safety circuit with E-Stop and dump valve
The bottle opener dispenser effectively demonstrates typical technologies, components, and engineering principles for custom manufacturing equipment, and has been used successfully at several trade shows and events.